KICP Membership Benefits
As a KICP member, your company has access to a number of services and programs that:
- Help you harness innovative thinking and research to create competitive and innovative products and services
- Provide the opportunity to learn and participate though investment or in the creation of spin-off companies
- Offer professional knowledge-building
- Accelerate your company’s business development efforts by providing a working forum with periodically held conferences, symposia, and workshops that promote broad awareness of industry to university, industry to industry, and industry to government R&D collaborations and opportunities.
1- Navigate KAUST
With 11 research centers, 150 faculty and 310 research staff at KAUST, targeting people and projects relevant to your research needs can be overwhelming. Members of the KICP gain access to expert navigation of KAUST’s vast resources. Our team of dedicated on-campus Business Development Specialists
- Provides customized collaboration services
- Shares tailored information on potential research projects with KAUST faculty in line with your company’s business direction and R&D needs
- Organizes matchmaking workshops for your company to discuss collaborative research with our faculty and researchers who are at the forefront of pioneering research and emerging technologies.
2- Have your say and collaborate
Each KICP member nominates an executive-level representative to serve as a member of the KAUST Industry Advisory Board (KIAB), chaired by KAUST’s president. Here you have the opportunity to meet other KICP members and key quasi-government agencies to network and collaborate.
3- Get priority and preferential access to a range of KAUST offerings
- Early access to latest KAUST technologies/IP
- Preferential rates and priority access to corporate innovation training
- Access to investment opportunities in KAUST’s technology-based startups
- Priority access to services of KAUST’s Core Laboratories and major research facilities
- Opportunity to establish student fellowship carrying the company’s name
- Preferential rates for joining Center Industry Affiliates Program (CIAP) membership
- Possibility of having a KAUST faculty member, an expert in your business area, to serve on your company’s advisory/R&D board
4- Participate in networking and engagement platforms
- Opportunity to network with other companies in various business sectors
- Complementary access to field and applied testing facilities for technology demonstration and testing
- Access to potential IP challenges, student challenges, and prototyping facilities
- Facilitation of interaction with policy makers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Greater recognition through KAUST promotional materials presented in local and regional conferences
- Complementary (free-of-charge) invitation to two annual career events, ideal platforms for recruitment of our highly-qualified local and international graduate students for potential internships and job placements
- Complimentary Invitation to on-campus research and innovation events
- Invitation to the annual KICP Research and Technology Forum
5- Innovation Publications Access
- Subscription to E-monthly Newsletter
- Subscription to KAUST’s Discovery Magazine
- Access to reports in the areas of economic development and entrepreneurship, where appropriate
KICP Membership Categories
Membership in the KICP comprises two categories:
- Strategic Partner
- Honorary Member
Whereas the strategic partnership is for industry, the honorary membership is available only to relevant Saudi government and quasi-government agencies. Extending KICP Honorary membership to these agencies depends largely on their engagement level with KAUST, their alignment with KAUST’s economic development mission, and/or on industry members’ recommendations.
It is expected that companies interested in joining KICP commit to a long-term relationship, so that both KAUST and KICP partners have the opportunity to fully benefit from this partnership. Annual membership fees are used to deliver a variety of benefits and services to KICP members and to support KICP initiatives, as well as KAUST-wide initiatives.
Additional Engagement Option
The KAUST Center Industry Affiliates Program (CIAP) is membership-based with a specific focus on a designated research theme. Companies may choose to join the KICP, or a CIAP, or both—the two programs offer complementary but distinct benefits.
Whereas the KICP is a higher-level, university-wide program focused on industry alignment, business development, networking, and KAUST’s research breadth, CIAPs are linked to a specific Research Center at KAUST, allowing for in-depth exposure into a designated research theme. Each CIAP is designed to integrate industry members closely with the Center’s research mission and agenda.
Companies interested in working closely with a certain Research Center may join the relevant CIAP. Members are carefully selected to represent a collection of backgrounds and expertise.