Three immersive days that will change the world
Kicking off on February 10, 2022, KAUST Ignite brings together diverse students from universities around Saudi Arabia and the Middle East, all unified under a single mission: to help solve one of today’s biggest challenges.
This year, you’ll join a team of five assigned one of these monumental tasks in aviation, water or Hajj experience.
Supported by industry and sponsor mentors and building off of one another’s unique skill sets and backgrounds, you’ll dive in and spend three days working towards a new solution, product or innovation.
It’s an unparalleled experience to connect and collaborate with students from across Saudi — and to impact the lives of people by creating real solutions to real-world problems.
- Learn and live the principles of ideation, value proposition and design thinking
- Connect with experts from our partner organization as well as the Entrepreneurship Center
- Meet and collaborate with students from different Saudi universities
- Learn team building and collaboration
February 10-12, 2022
Join the 6,000+ students who have already completed our previous challenges, including innovators from Abdul-Aziz University, the University of Business and Technology, University of Jeddah, Effat University, Umm al-Qura University, King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, Dar AL-Hekma University and more.
How it works:
- Apply now through January 12 to be considered. KAUST Ignite is open to all university students.
- Accepted students will be grouped into teams of five, with an eye on creating teams with diverse skill sets.
- KAUST Ignite begins on February 10 and ends on February 12. All travel and accommodations for accepted students will be provided and organized by KAUST.
- Final innovations may include ideas for new hardware, software, services, technologies, business models and more.
- Mentors will be available through the three-day event to coach and support teams.
At the end of day three, teams will share their cutting-edge solutions with sponsors, mentors, and KAUST experts — industry leaders searching for the next great innovation.