- This event has passed.
World IP Day
April 26 - April 27
King Abdulaziz City of Science and Technology (KACST), the Saudi Patent Office (SPO) and King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) are pleased to invite you to the Saudi Arabian celebration of World Intellectual Property (IP) Day. World IP Day is celebrated around the world each year on April 26 to facilitate discussions and promote awareness of the impact of IP on our societies, economies and lives. The theme for this year’s Saudi Arabian World IP Day Symposium is “Intellectual Property: Towards a Better Economy.”
Please join us on April 26-27 at KAUST for two days of keynote speeches and panel sessions presented by IP experts and thought leaders from around the world. Agenda highlights include:
• Anatole Krattiger, Director, Global Challenges Division, World Intellectual Property Organization
• Tom Skalak, Executive Director, Science and Technology, The Paul G. Allen Family Foundation
• Ahmad Al-Khowaiter, Chief Technology Officer, Saudi Aramco
• Peter L. Hoffman, Vice President, Intellectual Property Management, The Boeing Company
• Business Perspectives on Intellectual Property
• Realization of Intellectual Property Value: Models of Development, Funding, and Commercialization
• Human Capital Needs for IP Management
• Regional Experiences on Commercialization of Intellectual Property
• Intellectual Property and the Realization of the Knowledge-Based Economy: National Perspectives
Registration: KAUST’s Enrichment in the Spring 2016 (for KAUST residents) or here (for non-KAUST residents).